Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging iPhone 12

I have just received an iPhone 12 but there is no plug or USB connector - how do I charge it ?

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 3:04 AM

You are correct that the iPhone 12 does not come with a charging plug. It only comes with a USB-C to Lightning cable. If you have older Apple charging plugs and cables (Lightning end) then you can use those to charge your iPhone. The charging speed will depend on which charger you will be using from your older plug and cable.

If you would like to use the cable that came with your iPhone 12 then you will need a charging plug that has a USB-C port. My recommendation is the ➔ 20W Apple Charger or a similar charger. See image below:

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 3:04 AM in response to DJKJ`1

You are correct that the iPhone 12 does not come with a charging plug. It only comes with a USB-C to Lightning cable. If you have older Apple charging plugs and cables (Lightning end) then you can use those to charge your iPhone. The charging speed will depend on which charger you will be using from your older plug and cable.

If you would like to use the cable that came with your iPhone 12 then you will need a charging plug that has a USB-C port. My recommendation is the ➔ 20W Apple Charger or a similar charger. See image below:

Axel F.

Charging iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.