Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari error message

I get the message when I try to open safari, and what ever I select it just gets stuck in a loop of the same message and not opening the app. Any ideas? Should I uninstall it and reinstall from the app store?

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 10:06 AM

Something is corrupted. The first thing I would try is to restart the computer in the Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift key on restart. This can take up to 10 minutes, so be patient. During this process the computer is fixing its operating system and clearing its caches. Then open Safari and test it. If it tests ok, restart the computer normally and see what happens. If Safari continues to do the same thing, you may have to reinstall your operating system in order to reinstall Safari to get a clean version installed. (Safari is installed as part of the OS.) Maybe someone else will offer another idea. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Roland103

Something is corrupted. The first thing I would try is to restart the computer in the Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift key on restart. This can take up to 10 minutes, so be patient. During this process the computer is fixing its operating system and clearing its caches. Then open Safari and test it. If it tests ok, restart the computer normally and see what happens. If Safari continues to do the same thing, you may have to reinstall your operating system in order to reinstall Safari to get a clean version installed. (Safari is installed as part of the OS.) Maybe someone else will offer another idea. Good luck.

safari error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.