Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check for Viruses n get Rid of Viruses?

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 12:04 PM

What are the symptoms or problems or issues that you are encountering with your iPhone that has you concerned?

Getting a virus onto the iPhone menas getting it past the App Store and Apple, and past the sandboxing that is intended to contain all apps. The anti-malware here is the Apple submission and app-scanning process, and the built-in sandbox.

There are lots of sketchy and scam advertisements making bogus claims (“your iPhone has (some number) viruses!” is a common one), and some folks have been offered and accepted calendar subscriptions that were spam-filled.

Malware is still fairly rare for an iPhone, and (as was the case with NSO’s efforts with Pegasus) is targeted at dissidents, political activists, those with access to sensitive or classified or financial data, and such.

There are sketchy apps in the app store, yes. Here are apps I’d not suggest i stalling, too. As for viruses, Apple blocks those or pulls those from iPhones and iPads, as they’re detected.

Usual target here is us: folks seeking to fool us, phish our passwords, convince us to load apps that might be contrary to our preferred privacy goals, etc. Some details ➡️ Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 12:04 PM in response to bhaskar260

What are the symptoms or problems or issues that you are encountering with your iPhone that has you concerned?

Getting a virus onto the iPhone menas getting it past the App Store and Apple, and past the sandboxing that is intended to contain all apps. The anti-malware here is the Apple submission and app-scanning process, and the built-in sandbox.

There are lots of sketchy and scam advertisements making bogus claims (“your iPhone has (some number) viruses!” is a common one), and some folks have been offered and accepted calendar subscriptions that were spam-filled.

Malware is still fairly rare for an iPhone, and (as was the case with NSO’s efforts with Pegasus) is targeted at dissidents, political activists, those with access to sensitive or classified or financial data, and such.

There are sketchy apps in the app store, yes. Here are apps I’d not suggest i stalling, too. As for viruses, Apple blocks those or pulls those from iPhones and iPads, as they’re detected.

Usual target here is us: folks seeking to fool us, phish our passwords, convince us to load apps that might be contrary to our preferred privacy goals, etc. Some details ➡️ Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.