Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make my wifi more secure

When connecting to my home wifi, my iPhone displays the message ‘ not secure’! How can I configure my wifi router to make it secure (using my iPhone)?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 6:36 PM

That message means that your router is not set to the latest security setting. Your manual should tell you how to change settings or you can search the internet for the make and model. Many routers are too old to use the new settings. If that is the case, you may want to think about getting a new router. If your router is provided by your ISP, you should contact them for an upgrade. this link offers Apple's suggestions for secure settings...

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 6:36 PM in response to abdussalam97

That message means that your router is not set to the latest security setting. Your manual should tell you how to change settings or you can search the internet for the make and model. Many routers are too old to use the new settings. If that is the case, you may want to think about getting a new router. If your router is provided by your ISP, you should contact them for an upgrade. this link offers Apple's suggestions for secure settings...

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

How to make my wifi more secure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.