Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Even I update to the latest version I still have that message, requesting to update, and it show error on the cellular

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 11:52 PM

yaumin Said:

"Even I update to the latest version I still have that message, requesting to update, and it show error on the cellular"

-------

Two Things:

A. Try Another Update:

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

If of no success...

B. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as the are the one who provide you with the service of Cellular.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 11:52 PM in response to yaumin

yaumin Said:

"Even I update to the latest version I still have that message, requesting to update, and it show error on the cellular"

-------

Two Things:

A. Try Another Update:

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

If of no success...

B. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as the are the one who provide you with the service of Cellular.

Sep 5, 2021 2:44 AM in response to TheLittles

I couldn’t manually download and update it on the phone, it stuck at verifying updates after the update is downloaded. So I update it through laptop.

for the carrier, the SIM card is used on iPad and other iPhone, and it works. Could it be somewhere problem within the phone itself ?

since modem firmware is missing.

Sep 5, 2021 9:58 AM in response to yaumin

yaumin Said:

"Even I update to the latest version I still have that message, requesting to update, and it show error on the cellular

Q1. "[...]So I update it through laptop

A1. Then you’re all set. Correct,

Q2. "for the carrie, the SIM card is used on iPad and other iPhone and it works. Could it be somewhere problem within the iPhone itself ? since modem firmware is missing.

A2.Do you have any Security Software installed? And another thought is maybe it’s some setting in Screen Time.

Even I update to the latest version I still have that message, requesting to update, and it show error on the cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.