Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Resrore

I restored my iPhone through the finder and my iPhone screen is still on recovery mode while my mac's finder is displaying ' your mac is preparing to restore the software on this iphone

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 5:17 AM

Hello shaunak192,

From your post it appears you are restoring your iPhone and are wondering what is happening when you see that message on your Mac.

The article you came from, If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, is a good resource for the restore process.

Typically that message appears as the Mac downloads the software to update the iPhone. Once it completes the software download, it should install it on the iPhone. The amount of time it takes to download can vary greatly.

If the message remains for an extended time, it may have timed out, and you would need to start the process again.

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 5:17 AM in response to shaunak192

Hello shaunak192,

From your post it appears you are restoring your iPhone and are wondering what is happening when you see that message on your Mac.

The article you came from, If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, is a good resource for the restore process.

Typically that message appears as the Mac downloads the software to update the iPhone. Once it completes the software download, it should install it on the iPhone. The amount of time it takes to download can vary greatly.

If the message remains for an extended time, it may have timed out, and you would need to start the process again.

Have a great day.

iPhone Resrore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.