Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail search function not working

Mail search doesnt show up any results. Just a few items. If I close the app while pressing SHIFT Key and then open it (3 times constantly) then problem solved temporarily. How to solve it permanently?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 2:27 AM

Correct me if I am wrong - please. When the computer is booted normally - the problem is there. When the computer is booted in Safe Mode - the problem is not there. Am I correct ??

A couple of thing could be happening. There is Third Party software interfering with the normal operation of the computer and Big Sur

And - there is a problem with the User Account.

First possible issue of third party software

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2021 2:27 AM in response to dhruvjgd

Correct me if I am wrong - please. When the computer is booted normally - the problem is there. When the computer is booted in Safe Mode - the problem is not there. Am I correct ??

A couple of thing could be happening. There is Third Party software interfering with the normal operation of the computer and Big Sur

And - there is a problem with the User Account.

First possible issue of third party software

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

mail search function not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.