Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option Command PR does not work on my MacBook Air

I've read several "answers" in relation to this problem, and they all say pretty much the same thing: "To do a factory reset, press Option Command PR on startup" - which is intuitively obvious, because I know that's the key sequence I want, (I've done this many times) and it's what I was trying to do, and it didn't work, so I asked for solutions.

Does anyone know the answer to the problem I'm having?

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 6:30 AM

Hello, crliege.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From our understanding is you're unable to get a specific key combination to work. We'd be glad to help out. Which MacBook Air do you have? Check out this article for more information: Mac startup key combinations

"These key combinations apply only to Mac computers with an Intel processor, not Mac computers with Apple silicon.

Option-Command-P-R: Reset NVRAM or PRAM. If your Mac is using a firmware password, it ignores this key combination or starts up from macOS Recovery."

If you're looking to reinstall macOS, follow this article: How to reinstall macOS

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 6:30 AM in response to crliege

Hello, crliege.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From our understanding is you're unable to get a specific key combination to work. We'd be glad to help out. Which MacBook Air do you have? Check out this article for more information: Mac startup key combinations

"These key combinations apply only to Mac computers with an Intel processor, not Mac computers with Apple silicon.

Option-Command-P-R: Reset NVRAM or PRAM. If your Mac is using a firmware password, it ignores this key combination or starts up from macOS Recovery."

If you're looking to reinstall macOS, follow this article: How to reinstall macOS

Best regards.

Option Command PR does not work on my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.