Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my notes password and after i reset the password i still cant get into my previously locked notes

How do I access my locked notes when I don't remember the password?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 5:11 PM

Resetting the password just applies to the Notes from now on, not the old ones. If you cannot remember the lock password, you will not be able to get in to the Notes. There is no way to do that except to remember the password.

3 replies

Sep 27, 2021 12:53 PM in response to leighanne97

leighanne97 wrote:

wow this is total BS!!

If you see this information in the iPhone User Guide, it has always been reported since you could use a password to lock a note that if you forget the password, you can no longer access the note.

APPLE PLEASE HELP! THIS FEATURE IS NO GOOD IF THERE IS NO WAY TO BE ABLE TO RESET THE PASSWORD USING AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR SOME OTHER METHOD!! DANG!

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple regarding a change you would like to see, or report a bug, then use the feedback link here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Sep 26, 2021 8:53 PM in response to katherinejjones

wow this is total BS!! As it is my phone I should be able to at least over ride it with using my password for my apple account at least. This seriously needs to be looked into and possibly changed so that if the password or code for the note is forgotten at least as the owner of the phone I could use a different method to unlock it.. Completely displeased with this as the note that is locked and I forgot the password to has very very important information in it that I really need!!!

APPLE PLEASE HELP! THIS FEATURE IS NO GOOD IF THERE IS NO WAY TO BE ABLE TO RESET THE PASSWORD USING AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR SOME OTHER METHOD!! DANG!

I forgot my notes password and after i reset the password i still cant get into my previously locked notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.