Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking on devices that are ready to receive files from Airdrop does nothing in Big Sur

Since updating my MacBook Pro (2016) to Big Sur (11.5.2), AirDrop will not allow me to complete the process to send files between the MacBook Pro and my iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd gen) or between the MacBook Pro and my iPhone (SE 2020). All devices are up to date. I do not think the issue is with either of my iOS devices but with the MacBook Pro. This is because the two iOS devices show up ready to receive files, but clicking on them to tell the MacBook Pro which one to send the file to does absolutely nothing. It is like the AirDrop window becomes frozen; even clicking the Cancel button does nothing. Only hitting the Esc key will close the window. I appreciate any thoughts folks have about how to resolve this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 4:04 PM

Hello ojleblanc.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, since updating the macOS AirDrop becomes unresponsive when attempting to select devices. AirDrop is a great feature and we will be glad to assist. Let's start up your MacBook Pro in safe mode, to see if it helps:

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 4:04 PM in response to ojleblanc

Hello ojleblanc.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, since updating the macOS AirDrop becomes unresponsive when attempting to select devices. AirDrop is a great feature and we will be glad to assist. Let's start up your MacBook Pro in safe mode, to see if it helps:

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Cheers.

Clicking on devices that are ready to receive files from Airdrop does nothing in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.