Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone hacking

I have received a pop up message informing me that my device has been hacked and hackers are watching me. The same message has a link saying Protect My Phone and it is limited to 2 minutes time frame in which you must click on to get you to the next window. Is this normal? I have never seen or heard of this before

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 3:26 AM

This is an advertisement for an app that you don’t need and don’t want.

These sorts of advertisements and oft-related scams are ubiquitous.

For advertisers and for lazy writers, HACK and VIRUS can be wonderfully motivating terms. Best to be skeptical when you see those terms used.

Some background: Websites can not scan your iPhone. If any website could do that, the degree of storage access required would mean they’d just upload your passwords and all your data.

And another clue here: why would ‘Apple Security” be using that “dency” website and not Apple.com? And if Apple could detect that happening, they’d fix it in your iPhone, not require you to download some app.

And why would Apple do a countdown timer, or plead with you not to close the webpage?

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

And for completeness, sending email address can be faked, as can be calling telephone numbers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 3:26 AM in response to serkan294

This is an advertisement for an app that you don’t need and don’t want.

These sorts of advertisements and oft-related scams are ubiquitous.

For advertisers and for lazy writers, HACK and VIRUS can be wonderfully motivating terms. Best to be skeptical when you see those terms used.

Some background: Websites can not scan your iPhone. If any website could do that, the degree of storage access required would mean they’d just upload your passwords and all your data.

And another clue here: why would ‘Apple Security” be using that “dency” website and not Apple.com? And if Apple could detect that happening, they’d fix it in your iPhone, not require you to download some app.

And why would Apple do a countdown timer, or plead with you not to close the webpage?

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

And for completeness, sending email address can be faked, as can be calling telephone numbers.

Phone hacking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.