Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erased find my iphone for an insurance claim and my phone has reset

I have damaged my iphone and therefore raised a claim with my insurance, in order to do this i need to remove find my iphone... no problem, iphone erased from find my iphone. I then look at my phone 2 minutes later to see the apple logo and a loading bar, the iphone then comes back on and it's like setting up a brand new iphone.

I haven't completed the steps as i don't know which step is best to take as i haven't backed up my phone as i was planning on doing that this evening as the claim takes 24 hours to be responded to, i can't remember when i last backed it up and i'm not an icloud back up fan.

How has this happened and how can i fix it?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 6:43 AM

3 replies

Erased find my iphone for an insurance claim and my phone has reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.