Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The software for the printer was installed incorrectly..."

I have a 2018 MacBook Air running Big Sur 11.5.2 (though I encountered this issue on previous versions of Big Sur as well).

Whenever I try to add my printer (HP Photosmart B110), I get an error message saying "The software for the printer was installed incorrectly. Please reinstall the software from the manufacturer."

I deleted all HP software from my Mac, re-downloaded the most recent software from the HP website, but I still get the same message! I can't print anything :(

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 9:56 AM

Good news -- it turns out that Apple itself provides some HP drivers that are compatible with the latest versions of MacOS (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US). Downloading and installing that seems to have fixed the problem! Thank you for your help :)

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 6, 2021 9:04 AM in response to sbec6

A couple of things you can try:

1. Create a new user account on your notebook. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with this new account. Try installing the print software again. If that doesn't help, go on to the next item.
  2. Boot up your notebook in Safe Mode, and then, try installing it again.

Ref: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Sep 6, 2021 9:31 AM in response to sbec6

Interestingly, I did not find a specific printer driver for this printer at the HP Support site ... only the "Software-ePrint" software, that was released over 6 years ago. Even so, it also doesn't appear that HP has been providing driver support since macOS 10.11 (El Capitan). My guess is that this app is not 64-bit and will not install on Big Sur.

"The software for the printer was installed incorrectly..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.