Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my Apple apps on my Android phone?

Can I use any of my iPad apps on my Android cellphone?

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 10:46 AM

iOS/iPadOS and Android are entirely different operating systems (OS). Apps coded for one of these platforms cannot be installed or used on the other. Apps for each platform are obtained from their own App Store.

However, some App Developers do produce Apps for multiple operating systems - and may have released the same App title for a different OS. If you are looking for a particular App that you use with your Apple devices, try looking in the Android App Store for the same App. If available, you’ll almost certainly need to pay again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 10:46 AM in response to cora-jean

iOS/iPadOS and Android are entirely different operating systems (OS). Apps coded for one of these platforms cannot be installed or used on the other. Apps for each platform are obtained from their own App Store.

However, some App Developers do produce Apps for multiple operating systems - and may have released the same App title for a different OS. If you are looking for a particular App that you use with your Apple devices, try looking in the Android App Store for the same App. If available, you’ll almost certainly need to pay again.

Sep 6, 2021 11:46 AM in response to cora-jean

cora-jean wrote:

So, I am able to access my Gmail on both my Android phone as well as on my iPad. I can’t figure out if I delete or move an email on my iPad, is it also moved or deleted from Gmail on my Android phone?

Do you access Gmail from the iPad with Apple's Mail app, with Google's Gmail app, or some other way? I know Apple Mail best, so I will answer for that case.

Deleting or moving* a message on your iPad with Apple Mail should delete/move it on the Gmail servers. The Android app should notice and adjust accordingly.

* That's assuming you move it to another Gmail "folder/label."** If you move it to a folder "On This iPad" or on another email server, the Gmail server will think you deleted it. The Android app might see it again if it is also connected to the other email server, but not "On This iPad."

** Gmail doesn't really have folders. It has labels in a unified store, and one message can have several labels. What that looks like to the mail client depends on the client and how it accesses the Gmail server.

Can I use my Apple apps on my Android phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.