Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text to Email

Hi everyone,

My Apple ID is tied to my Outlook email. In the past, I was able to text someone from my iPhone to their email address or forward someone's texts or photos to my own email address and received them as emails in my Outlook mail. I haven't tried this in a few years!

Last night, when I tried to forward texts to my email address, it didn't work! Instead, I received them as texts on my iPhone! I checked my email and didn't receive any texts or emails in my junk folder or any other folders!

Did something change?

Anyway, my questions are:

1. What do I need to do to forward texts to my email and receive them as emails and not texts echoing back back on my iPhone?!

2. Is there anyway to select all texts after holding on a text bubble, clicking on More, then select all texts and then at the bottom, press the reply or forward to send them all? I can't believe that Apple developers give you a useless "Delete All" which is an oxymoron; because anyone could swipe the text and delete all! Why do we need a useless Delete All? It should be Select All !!!!!

Thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 8:23 AM

Hey SiaSF,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're tying to forward text messages to your email account, which just happens to be the email address used for your Apple ID account as well. We can help addres what's going on.

What you described is expected. The email address used for your Apple ID account is what is used to send and receive iMessages. When forwarding messages to that same email address, your device believes you are forwarding that content as an iMessage to the Apple ID. To stop that from happening, and to have the forwarded content dumped into your email account's inbox instead, you would need to temporarily turn off iMessage under Settings > Messages > iMessage.

Regarding selecting all texts, the only option currently is what you've described; having to select the messages one at a time by tapping the bubble next to them. There is not a select all after tapping More.

For these concerns, please feel free to provide feedback to Apple directly: Product Feedback - Apple. Please also see: Legal - Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy - Apple

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 8:23 AM in response to SiaSF

Hey SiaSF,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're tying to forward text messages to your email account, which just happens to be the email address used for your Apple ID account as well. We can help addres what's going on.

What you described is expected. The email address used for your Apple ID account is what is used to send and receive iMessages. When forwarding messages to that same email address, your device believes you are forwarding that content as an iMessage to the Apple ID. To stop that from happening, and to have the forwarded content dumped into your email account's inbox instead, you would need to temporarily turn off iMessage under Settings > Messages > iMessage.

Regarding selecting all texts, the only option currently is what you've described; having to select the messages one at a time by tapping the bubble next to them. There is not a select all after tapping More.

For these concerns, please feel free to provide feedback to Apple directly: Product Feedback - Apple. Please also see: Legal - Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy - Apple

Best regards.

Text to Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.