Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast editing and/or removal

Hello,

Last December I started a podcast on PodBean. From there, I have been distributing to various platforms, including iTunes. The artwork has still not updated but it is fine on all other platforms.

I have read many suggestions for editing/deleting and starting over, but they all have me signing into iTunes. While I do have an iTunes account, this podcast is not associated with the (I think). It is just an RSS feed.

So to start, how can I edit my podcast on iTunes?

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 11:12 PM

You can't edit a podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts; it just reads the feed (except for peope using the new facility to create a podcast within Podcasts Connect, which doesn't apply to you). Any changes you need to make have to be made in the feed: you don't need to re-sumit the feed, simply make the changes and re-upload it. Changes may not appearw in iTiunes immediately.

You don't give any details except to mention the artwork. If you have changed the artwork it may take some days to change on iTunes/Apple Podcasts. It has to comply with the requirements - minimum 1400 x 1400 px, maximum 3000 x 3000 px RGB. JPG or PNG (no alpha channel), file size less than 500kB. And it's important that you give the new image a new filename otherwise Podcasts, which caches the image, has no way of knowing it's changed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 11:12 PM in response to Rich Costa

You can't edit a podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts; it just reads the feed (except for peope using the new facility to create a podcast within Podcasts Connect, which doesn't apply to you). Any changes you need to make have to be made in the feed: you don't need to re-sumit the feed, simply make the changes and re-upload it. Changes may not appearw in iTiunes immediately.

You don't give any details except to mention the artwork. If you have changed the artwork it may take some days to change on iTunes/Apple Podcasts. It has to comply with the requirements - minimum 1400 x 1400 px, maximum 3000 x 3000 px RGB. JPG or PNG (no alpha channel), file size less than 500kB. And it's important that you give the new image a new filename otherwise Podcasts, which caches the image, has no way of knowing it's changed.

Podcast editing and/or removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.