Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2014 MacBook Air won’t update to macOS Big Sur

I have enough storage space to update and my laptop is compatible according to the website but is says MacOS won’t install on Macintosh HD? How can I change this to make it update?

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 11:41 PM

Cjhlaptop Said:

"Early 2014 MacBook Air won’t update to macOS Big Sur: I have enough storage space to update and my laptop is compatible according to the website but is says MacOS won’t install on Macintosh HD? How can I change this to make it update?"

-------

Try the Following:

A. Go to App Store:

Try getting it directly on the App Store.

Go Here: macOS Big Sur - App Store

Or...

B. Create a New Admin:

Create a new administrator, and install it from that user.

Or...

C. Try in Safe Mode:

See if you can perform this using Safe Mode. Go Here: Start up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 11:41 PM in response to Cjhlaptop

Cjhlaptop Said:

"Early 2014 MacBook Air won’t update to macOS Big Sur: I have enough storage space to update and my laptop is compatible according to the website but is says MacOS won’t install on Macintosh HD? How can I change this to make it update?"

-------

Try the Following:

A. Go to App Store:

Try getting it directly on the App Store.

Go Here: macOS Big Sur - App Store

Or...

B. Create a New Admin:

Create a new administrator, and install it from that user.

Or...

C. Try in Safe Mode:

See if you can perform this using Safe Mode. Go Here: Start up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

Early 2014 MacBook Air won’t update to macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.