Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I removed malware

how do I remove malware on my Mac

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 3:02 PM

What specifically makes you think you have malware installed? Have you installed or run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up" or anti-virus apps on your Mac? If so what are they?

Download and run the free version of Malwarebytes. It was developed by a long time contributor to these forums and a highly respected member of the computer security community. 

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 3:02 PM in response to SdmK1023

What specifically makes you think you have malware installed? Have you installed or run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up" or anti-virus apps on your Mac? If so what are they?

Download and run the free version of Malwarebytes. It was developed by a long time contributor to these forums and a highly respected member of the computer security community. 

Sep 7, 2021 2:14 PM in response to SdmK1023

Hello, SdmK1023.

You should download and run Malwarebytes

It’s a safe and recommended utility from a trusted developer and respected ASC contributor. The application scans for adware and malware and is a popular tool among veteran users here in the Community. See if it can identify any malware you may have accidentally installed. The free version is probably all you need at this point.

How do I removed malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.