Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer iCloud to new account?

Hi- getting divorced and currently share an iCloud account with my soon to be ex husband. I want to transfer all my data to my own iCloud account. Also- we used to share the same iCloud account (same email login) and when he created my own email login I lost all my pictures from my phone that I had when we had the shared account with same email. Any way to get those back? He said that he has all the pics on his phone but if he shares with me that I’ll see all his pics too I just want my old pics from first shared account and everything from my current personal email account on shared iCloud account. Hope this makes sense!!

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 3:10 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 8, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Nikkisclafani8421

Good afternoon Nikkisclafani8421,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you need some help transferring data between Apple ID accounts, and we'd like to help.

Can we ask a few questions about your specific experience?

We are a little confused about what you mean by "and currently share an iCloud account" and "Also- we used to share the same iCloud account" and "when he created my own email login"

Are these completely separate Apple ID accounts or are you referring to an @icloud.com email account which would still be attached to one of the former Apple ID accounts? (What is after the @ symbol for the three accounts you mentioned above?)

Do you share iCloud storage in one of these accounts?

You may need to contact Apple directly regarding these specific accounts, but we can provide some general guidance for you here.

Hopefully, a new, completely separate Apple ID account was created for you (when you said you lost your pictures). If you have your own Apple ID account, you will want to change the password for it. If you enable iCloud for all of the data that is currently on your iPhone (contacts, calendars, notes, photos, text messages, etc) then you should be able to sync this information to your own iCloud account. You can access this data on your iPhone in each of the apps, or at www.icloud.com from any computer.

You may need to purchase additional iCloud Storage for your private Apple ID before doing this to make sure there is enough storage online for your data.

The easiest way to share pictures is to have iCloud Photos enabled on your Apple ID account and on your husband's Apple ID account.

He can create a shared album, and drag all of the photos and videos that you want to the shared album. You can then access those pictures in the Photos app on your iPhone or Mac and save them to your own personal photos library.

As for all of the apps and media purchased on the former Apple ID that you shared, if you still want to be able to access them, your husband would have to set up Family Sharing, which keeps your two Apple ID accounts private, but allows you to access the content. But if you want to make a clean break, you would have to purchase the apps and media you want again using your private Apple ID.

Take a look at the resources below, and then contact Apple directly to proceed with this. When you speak with an advisor, refer them to this thread - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253120369

Manage and use your Apple ID

What is iCloud?

Upgrade your iCloud storage plan

Turn iCloud features on or off - iCloud User Guide

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Share iPhone photos with Shared Albums in iCloud - iPhone User Guide

What is Family Sharing?

Good luck!

How to transfer iCloud to new account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.