Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iMessage in Big Sur not auto-syncing my messages when signed into iCloud account. I have a MacBook Pro 13" for work, a personal MacBook Air 13", and an iPhone 11 all using the same iCloud account.

I have a MacBook Pro 13" for work, a personal MacBook Air 13", and an iPhone 11 all using the same iCloud account. The MacBook Pro and iPhone work in unison but the MacBook Air isn't sync'ing but the settings or the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro are identical. I have tried logging out of iMessage on the MacBook Air, using the "Sync Now" under preferences. I'm not sure if others are having this challenges, there is a configuration error somewhere, or there is a software update that I don't have. Thanks for your time.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 5:14 PM

Just to verify:

You have text message forwarding on your phone set to both devices? (Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding).

You have messages in iCloud enabled to sync (Settings > {Your Name} > iCloud toggle on messages) on phone

on Mac, open messages. Messages > preferences > iMessage enable

I've only experienced the issue you describe once. Signing out and back in fixed it for me.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 5:14 PM in response to brad.bryant74

Just to verify:

You have text message forwarding on your phone set to both devices? (Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding).

You have messages in iCloud enabled to sync (Settings > {Your Name} > iCloud toggle on messages) on phone

on Mac, open messages. Messages > preferences > iMessage enable

I've only experienced the issue you describe once. Signing out and back in fixed it for me.

Problems with iMessage in Big Sur not auto-syncing my messages when signed into iCloud account. I have a MacBook Pro 13" for work, a personal MacBook Air 13", and an iPhone 11 all using the same iCloud account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.