Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting a default font for iMovie titles

Hi there,

Is it possible to set a default font for iMovie titles? It seems others have asked this but I can't find a direct answer to the question.

I am adept at changing the font, text size and style at every new title I insert in my movies, but this is annoying. I create teaching videos with a lot of text, so it adds up to lots of extra time.

Many thanks,

Alice

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 7:18 PM

9 replies

Sep 8, 2021 7:29 PM in response to AGHarpResource

One thing that you might try is to create a separate project that acts as a titles library. So, create a new project. But a black background into the timeline. Then create several titles above the black background with the fonts and sizes that you want. Save the project as Titles Library. Then when you create other projects you can go back to your Titles Library and select the title you want in the timeline and then Edit/Copy, Edit/Paste it into the project that you are currently working on.

I don't know if the above would save you any more time, but you can try it and see.

-- Rich

Setting a default font for iMovie titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.