Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Multiple HTML files into Apple Notes

I have few thousand notes in Notion, but I would like to move them to Apple Notes. Notion allows for exporting the Notes as HTML. When I import them using an iPad, I can do it only one by one. Plus, the HTML file gets attached to a Note. Furthermore, Apple notes app does not index the content of the HTML attachment file like it does for PDFs and other text files.

I would like to know what the behavior is on a macOS. If I select multiple HTML files and import them to Apple Notes, do they all get attached to a single Note? Do they create a like for like Notes as a true Import should work? Any answer is appreciated.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 5:15 AM

Imported HTML files are placed in their own Note category name Imported Notes folder. From there, you can move them to other Notes. There is a Notes User Guide for macOS that discusses this in its Import and export notes on Mac. Your imported HTML files may not appear as they would in a web browser, your mileage may vary.

Do not expect Apple Notes to mirror every functionality in third-party commercial Notes applications.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2021 5:15 AM in response to jatinkapadia

Imported HTML files are placed in their own Note category name Imported Notes folder. From there, you can move them to other Notes. There is a Notes User Guide for macOS that discusses this in its Import and export notes on Mac. Your imported HTML files may not appear as they would in a web browser, your mileage may vary.

Do not expect Apple Notes to mirror every functionality in third-party commercial Notes applications.

Importing Multiple HTML files into Apple Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.