Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send emails directly from pages - iPad version.

Using the ipad version and Can't send emails from pages. It looks like it's sending but its not! all other emails are being sent from other apps.
Please help!!!

iPad

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2010 4:40 AM

I had this same issue, but after delving into it further, I found that the problem was in Mail and not Pages. I had created a huge pages file bigger than the email size limit of 10 Megs that I tried to send and it jammed up one email account. My other email account worked fine. Check your iPad mail accounts and see if there's a file sitting in the outbox. If you can't delete this from your iPad, try checking for it and deleting it from your desktop or web mail. It's also possible your server doesn't like a particular filetype pages has attached and might do the same thing.

You should also try rebooting your iPad by holding home and sleep buttons for about eight seconds and sliding at the prompt.
14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2010 4:40 AM in response to Oz30

I had this same issue, but after delving into it further, I found that the problem was in Mail and not Pages. I had created a huge pages file bigger than the email size limit of 10 Megs that I tried to send and it jammed up one email account. My other email account worked fine. Check your iPad mail accounts and see if there's a file sitting in the outbox. If you can't delete this from your iPad, try checking for it and deleting it from your desktop or web mail. It's also possible your server doesn't like a particular filetype pages has attached and might do the same thing.

You should also try rebooting your iPad by holding home and sleep buttons for about eight seconds and sliding at the prompt.

Sep 18, 2011 7:36 PM in response to Oz30

My wife is having the same issue. She got an iPad 2 just last week and loaded the Pages app. She can send email from her iPad 2 to either her mac.com account or her school account just fine. The document was sent from Pages as I can see it sitting in the email outbox. It tried to send it but it had an error. When I click on the red icon with an exclamation besides the email in the outbox, I get a message that says:

Cannot Send Mail

An error occurred while delivering

this message.

And an OK button at the bottom.

The size of the attachment is only 430KB. So it can't be too big. I have done a reset (hold the home and on/off button until the slider appeared about turning off). I have killed all the applications that were running. Nothing seems to help

Does anyone else has any ideas! My wife said she is about to throw it out the window. She's a school principal and she needs to email this Pages document to her school email, but she can't.

Thanks,

Tom

Sep 19, 2011 2:11 PM in response to Oz30

I have this problem too. Have only recently downloaded Pages and love it but the App freezes every time I try to email a document. Each time I then have to fully close Pages and reopen to get it going again. Would really like to find out how to fix this because Pages is such a useful tool but for it to work to it's potential I need to EMAIL!

Will try the suggestions above.

Hope we can sort this out!

Cheers

Em

Sep 21, 2011 9:43 AM in response to Oz30

I have basically the same problem and here is what I've noticed...

I can send the document from Pages, but I can't add any text to the email when I do it. If I add text to the body of the email it knocks off the attachment and only sends the text. If I don't add any text to the email it goes out without any problems.

Because I don't have this problem with other apps I can only assume it is a bug with Pages.

May 22, 2016 6:42 AM in response to Oz30

Ok, while I don't have a solution, I DID discover a workaround! I found that if I sent the Pages document to Notes, that I could then log into my iCloud account on a desktop or laptop computer, and find the attachment in the Notes app there. From there, I could download the attachment to a folder, then go that folder to attach the Pages file to an email.

It's certainly not as simple and convenient as the way it's supposed to work using the Pages app, but it DOES work!

Hope that helps!

Can't send emails directly from pages - iPad version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.