Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t change my iPhone XR passcode or turn it off?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 2:27 PM

1 reply

Sep 9, 2021 9:34 AM in response to sydnirayne07

Hi sydnirayne07,

It appears you need help turning off your passcode or changing the passcode for your iPhone XR. What happens when you tap "Change Passcode" as seen in the second screenshot? We'd like to know if you're encountering another message or a different issue when tapping that, which can help determine possible next steps.

Do you have any profiles or device management on your iPhone that may stop you from changing or turning off the passcode? If unsure, you can check in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. If you don't see the option for Profiles & Device Management, then there are none installed on your iPhone. We're wondering this as sometimes profiles can stop certain changes from being done on a device.

Restarting your iPhone XR may also help, even if it may seem like a simple step: Restart your iPhone

Take care.

I can’t change my iPhone XR passcode or turn it off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.