Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Delete An Application My Computer Can't Find?

Hello! I have an application in my storage manager called "Team Fortress 2" that is taking up an enormous amount of space. But my computer cannot find it in applications and also won't allow me to delete it. I can't even open it. It seems to only exist in the storage manager. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 8:10 PM

abbywilliamz Said:

"How To Delete An Application My Computer Can't Find?: Hello! I have an application in my storage manager called "Team Fortress 2" that is taking up an enormous amount of space. But my computer cannot find it in applications and also won't allow me to delete it. I can't even open it. It seems to only exist in the storage manager. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!"

-------

Two Things...

A. Scan: your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found from the Quarantine. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

If of no success...

B. Uninstall it Manually:

1. Open: the Applications folder
  2. Right-Click: on the app's icon
  3. Select: Show Package Contents
  4. Search for then Open: an application with the rootword "install" or "uninstall"
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2021 8:10 PM in response to abbywilliamz

abbywilliamz Said:

"How To Delete An Application My Computer Can't Find?: Hello! I have an application in my storage manager called "Team Fortress 2" that is taking up an enormous amount of space. But my computer cannot find it in applications and also won't allow me to delete it. I can't even open it. It seems to only exist in the storage manager. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!"

-------

Two Things...

A. Scan: your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found from the Quarantine. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

If of no success...

B. Uninstall it Manually:

1. Open: the Applications folder
  2. Right-Click: on the app's icon
  3. Select: Show Package Contents
  4. Search for then Open: an application with the rootword "install" or "uninstall"

Sep 10, 2021 6:15 PM in response to abbywilliamz

abbywilliamz Said:

"How To Delete An Application My Computer Can't Find?: Hello! Thank you so much for your response! The Malwarebytes did not detect anything. And one of the problems is that I cannot find it in my applications. I appreciate your help! If you think of any other possible solutions I will happily try them out."

-------

You are welcome. What else to try:

Use Spotlight Spotlight:

1. Open Spotlight Search: [Hold Command key + Press Spacebar key]
  2. Type: Team Fortress 2
  3. As you type the name of the application, it will popup

Did it popup?

How To Delete An Application My Computer Can't Find?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.