Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Battery Draining Really Quickly.

Hi everyone, I've had my Watch Series 6 for around 3 months now but in the last week it's been draining the battery within a couple of hours making it unusable for day to day use, fitness and sleep analysis etc. I've looked at forums and followed recommendations to reset the watch, remove any unused apps, turn off background app refresh etc etc. I even reset the watch back to new factory settings but still no good. Last night I let the battery drain right down to zero then charged it this morning which took around 2 hours but it drained 50% again within the first hour. I'm guessing it's a hardware fault. Any ideas pls ?

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 10:02 PM

But if you are happy with the answer you can still waste your time trying to improve the battery life of your brand new watch, where you didn’t change anything but the drain started since the update. Then we will see who is the t@&t

8 replies

Sep 9, 2021 6:01 PM in response to VindalooStu

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities VindalooStu,

We see that you are having an issue with the battery life on your Apple Watch. We understand your concern, and we'd happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

You've already done some great troubleshooting steps to help to resolve this issue. Next, take a look at the resource below that has some additional information, including tips to maximize battery life. If the issue persists after going through these tips, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance.

Apple Watch Battery and Performance

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Watch Battery Draining Really Quickly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.