Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password pop up

I recently changed my password on my microsoft outlook account using my iPad.I now keep getting a pop up on my iPad to “enter the password for the outlook account ........hotmail.co.uk “ and the option of cancel or settings. When I go to settings I am unable to click on the account as it is greyed out and when I click reset password a screen quickly pops up that states hotmail account at the top but quickly disappears. I am unable to send or receive emails. I do have an iPhone and whilst the pop up does not appear on there the state of play with emails is the same and at the bottom of the screen says account error exchange. When I click on details it says can not get mail, the connection to the server failed.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 4:14 AM

Your home WiFi Router, that provides your internet connection, may be unexpectedly blocking access to some internet resources. A simple restart/reboot of your WiFi Router may resolve the problem.

To restart your router, just disconnect power for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power and allow the Router to reboot. The reboot sequence may take many minutes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 4:14 AM in response to Confusedcow!

Your home WiFi Router, that provides your internet connection, may be unexpectedly blocking access to some internet resources. A simple restart/reboot of your WiFi Router may resolve the problem.

To restart your router, just disconnect power for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power and allow the Router to reboot. The reboot sequence may take many minutes.

Password pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.