Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library on external drive

I have been using an external hard drive to contain my photo library (size 165 GB). Everything was working fine (iPhone, iPad and Mac would all agree by way of iCloud) until I moved the location of the photo library on the external hard drive. Initially, it was several levels down within a crowded drive so I decided to move it to the top level of the hard drive. I moved other files also so I would have a difficult time reverting) After doing so, photos taken on the iPad or iPhone would no longer show up on the Mac (15 inch Mid 2014 PowerBook - OS 10.13.6). Moving the application back to where it was does not fix the problem. How can I get iCloud to recognize the new location of my Photo Library?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:57 AM

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about the photos taken with your iPhone and iPad no longer syncing with your Mac.

Does that still continue after following the steps from this article to verify the System Photo Library? Designate a System Photo Library in Photos

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully that puts you on the path to getting this addressed.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 8:57 AM in response to AppleProductsPurchased

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about the photos taken with your iPhone and iPad no longer syncing with your Mac.

Does that still continue after following the steps from this article to verify the System Photo Library? Designate a System Photo Library in Photos

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully that puts you on the path to getting this addressed.

Take care.

Photo library on external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.