Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

there is any other way to unlock iphone 6

how to unlock my iphone 6, i am forget the password

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 11:30 AM

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

7 replies

Sep 24, 2021 6:05 PM in response to boyce160

Backups must be made before you need them. After is too late. But you may not lose your contacts, as contacts are not stored on the phone, the are associated with email accounts, so when you add back your email accounts your contacts should come with them.

For the future, if you turn on automatic updates your phone will back up every night if you leave it plugged in and connected to Wi-Fi, so you will never be faced with data loss again.

Sep 24, 2021 6:15 PM in response to boyce160

The ONLY way to access the phone w/o knowing the passcode is as-previously posted.

Whether or not it was backed-up might indeed be a “difficult lesson for the future” but has no bearing what is needed to regain access.

If this sounds “harsh” by Apple, it’s intentional.

It “allows” you to loose your phone - perhaps containing huge amounts of personal data - and the data remains protected from prying eyes.

Sep 24, 2021 6:37 PM in response to boyce160

boyce160 wrote:

I don't believe my iPhone is backed up and I need to unlock it. How can I do that without losing my contacts?

That lost or forgotten passcode is the key used to encrypt and decrypt your data.

If your contacts are stored in iCloud, those remain available.

If your photos are in iCloud, those too are available in iCloud.

You can log into iCloud.com using your Apple ID and password, and can check what is available there, if anything.

But if you had all your data stored locally and no iCloud usage and had no backups, then this case is no different from a lost or stolen iPhone. The data is gone.

Many of us have unfortunately learned the “backups are important” lesson by direct experience of losing data, too.

there is any other way to unlock iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.