Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is locked.

How can I unlock it. Can't remember my Pass Code

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 5:12 PM

If you do not remember your password you will have to restore.

If you have a backup you can get your data back. If you don’t, well, sorry. You’ll lose all your stuff.

Here are the steps-

Get your device ready

1. Make sure that your Mac or PC is updated. If you're using iTunes, make sure that you have the latest version.
  2. If you want to save the information on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, make a backup.
  3. Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My, tap Find My iPhone, then turn it off. Learn what to do for an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on. Get help if you forgot your passcode.

Restore your device to factory settings

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. Get help if you forgot your passcode
  4. Select your device when it appears on your computer. Learn what to do if your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch is unresponsive or won't turn on. Or get help if your device doesn't appear on your computer.
  5. Click Restore [device]. If you're signed into Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.

6. Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software.
  7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.

Note that if you do not have a Mac or PC with iTunes installed you will not be able to restore. Borrow one from a friend or go to a Genius Bar.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 5:12 PM in response to oconn21

If you do not remember your password you will have to restore.

If you have a backup you can get your data back. If you don’t, well, sorry. You’ll lose all your stuff.

Here are the steps-

Get your device ready

1. Make sure that your Mac or PC is updated. If you're using iTunes, make sure that you have the latest version.
  2. If you want to save the information on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, make a backup.
  3. Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My, tap Find My iPhone, then turn it off. Learn what to do for an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on. Get help if you forgot your passcode.

Restore your device to factory settings

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. Get help if you forgot your passcode
  4. Select your device when it appears on your computer. Learn what to do if your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch is unresponsive or won't turn on. Or get help if your device doesn't appear on your computer.
  5. Click Restore [device]. If you're signed into Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.

6. Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software.
  7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.

Note that if you do not have a Mac or PC with iTunes installed you will not be able to restore. Borrow one from a friend or go to a Genius Bar.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

My ipad is locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.