Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get service on my iPhone outside of my country?

How can I get service? I’m out of the country and it’s saying I have no service but I’m connected to WiFi.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 5:33 PM

If you are out of the country and you didn’t set up international roaming with your carrier you can’t get cellular service, only Wi-Fi. You would have had to set up international service with your carrier before you left the country. If you have an unlocked phone you can get a pay-as-you-go SIM card from a carrier in whatever country you are in; this will have a local phone number, not your regular number.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Jewelzz8

If you are out of the country and you didn’t set up international roaming with your carrier you can’t get cellular service, only Wi-Fi. You would have had to set up international service with your carrier before you left the country. If you have an unlocked phone you can get a pay-as-you-go SIM card from a carrier in whatever country you are in; this will have a local phone number, not your regular number.

How can I get service on my iPhone outside of my country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.