Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music files converting

Hi

How are you?

I've tried to follow the guide of converting apple music files but without success.

I have a PC, and after taking all the steps I received the error:

None of the selected files were converted because they could not be found.

Can you help me with that please?

Thanks

Adi

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:58 AM

If they are downloads from the Apple Music subscription service they have copy protection and cannot be converted. You should be able to convert purchased files.

Jun 2016: Apple Music: How to Purchase A Song After Streaming in Apple Music - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7594168 - "Highlight the song, click on the three dots ... click on "Go To" > click on "Show In iTunes Store" > click on the buy button. You can buy the entire Album or just the Song. "... "Apparently, I had purchased the song from an album and also had an "Apple music" copy. Once I removed the "Apple music" copy from the playlist, I added the purchased version to the playlist and it worked."

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 8:58 AM in response to adigross

If they are downloads from the Apple Music subscription service they have copy protection and cannot be converted. You should be able to convert purchased files.

Jun 2016: Apple Music: How to Purchase A Song After Streaming in Apple Music - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7594168 - "Highlight the song, click on the three dots ... click on "Go To" > click on "Show In iTunes Store" > click on the buy button. You can buy the entire Album or just the Song. "... "Apparently, I had purchased the song from an album and also had an "Apple music" copy. Once I removed the "Apple music" copy from the playlist, I added the purchased version to the playlist and it worked."

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Apple music files converting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.