You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 11 bootcamp

Will Apple allow the installation of Windows 11 on Bootcamp? I have an Imac retina 27", Intel I7 3.8 Ghz, 16 GB of memory, radeon pro 5500 XT and it lacks "only" the TPM 2.0 . It's a pretty expensive device bought because I find the Apple hardware excellent but I need windows.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:09 AM

From https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-11-system-requirements-86c11283-ea52-4782-9efd-7674389a7ba3,

TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0. If your device does not meet the minimum requirements because of TPM, you may want to read this article to see if there are steps you can take to remediate this. 

UEFI and Secure Boot is supported on the iMac you have which has Apple T2. T2 can be used as a secure processor, but I have yet to see Microsoft announce public support for T2.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 10, 2021 8:09 AM in response to Christian_France

From https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-11-system-requirements-86c11283-ea52-4782-9efd-7674389a7ba3,

TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0. If your device does not meet the minimum requirements because of TPM, you may want to read this article to see if there are steps you can take to remediate this. 

UEFI and Secure Boot is supported on the iMac you have which has Apple T2. T2 can be used as a secure processor, but I have yet to see Microsoft announce public support for T2.

windows 11 bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.