Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail being rejected by the server

can somebody help me, it’s been on my nerve and stressing me up that i can’t send any email from icloud mail. I tried to followed the instructions to go to setting>mail>account>turn on ‘push’ and make sure my icloud storage aren’t full, but it’s always pops up with the “the server rejected one of the recipient’s addresses”

help :( anyone

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:18 AM

Hello piscesboo,

We see you're having issues with sending email, and we'd be happy to help out.

Is this happening with everyone you try emailing, or just a particular person/group?

Also, try using a computer (if possible) and head to the iCloud site here, to see if you can successfully send email from there: iCloud

If that does work fine, try heading on the iOS device to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, and switch off Mail. Then, restart the device, head back to the same spot, and re-enable Mail. Finally, try sending another email, but this time just to yourself, as a test.

This page here can also help with issues sending emails: If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 8:18 AM in response to piscesboo

Hello piscesboo,

We see you're having issues with sending email, and we'd be happy to help out.

Is this happening with everyone you try emailing, or just a particular person/group?

Also, try using a computer (if possible) and head to the iCloud site here, to see if you can successfully send email from there: iCloud

If that does work fine, try heading on the iOS device to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, and switch off Mail. Then, restart the device, head back to the same spot, and re-enable Mail. Finally, try sending another email, but this time just to yourself, as a test.

This page here can also help with issues sending emails: If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

Sep 11, 2021 10:40 AM in response to piscesboo

piscesboo,

Thanks for clarifying the issue there.

With regards to trying it from the iCloud website on a computer, that can also include a Windows PC, as we noted you mentioned not having any other Apple devices.

Did you have a chance to try toggling iCloud Mail off, restarting the device, and then toggle it back on? That'll be in Settings > [your name] > iCloud? If not, try that out, as it'll help to ensure settings are correct for iCloud Mail.

If you happen to have any other email addresses besides the iCloud one, try sending the email from there, if possible. That can help to get it isolated down further as well.

This page also has some additional helpful steps for issues sending mail via iCloud Mail: If iCloud Mail isn't working

Cheers.

Sep 11, 2021 10:05 AM in response to Eric_G1

hi, eric.

thankyou so much for replying.

by the way, i don’t have macbook or any apple devices except my phone. :(

and it’s only a few of email addresses that i can’t send to, which i had tried several time to check if the email address is correct and contact my friends whom i wanted to send an email to and also when i typed the @icloud it remembered the email and pops up under the suggestion. I’m so confused because it was fine several months ago and suddenly it was rejected by the server. :(

mail being rejected by the server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.