Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add hyperlinks to notes connected to a Gmail account

When using my All iClloud notes I can add a hyperlink to any text by clicking command-k. When trying the same thing on any of my notes attached to gmail accounts it doesn't work and the add link option is greyed out in the edit tab. I found some older discussions in the communities but they were never solved. Both suggested trying to remove the account and re-add which I did but the issue persists on 3 different macs.

Is this a known issue?

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 1:42 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 11, 2021 5:13 PM in response to yobofofas

Yes, not fun when competing ecosystems do not work well together. The option is to consider a 3rd party notes app that works cross platform with all the features you want. Or bite the bullet and choose one ecosystem or the other. Personal opinion, is that if you go all Apple you won't have nearly the headaches and problems. But going all Google or all Microsoft is also possible. There's also others such as Evernote, etc. Apple isn't perfect but they do mostly pay attention to the little details to make interoperability an absolute joy.

iMac, iPhone, Watch, iPad, MacBook Air and everything just magically works.

Can't add hyperlinks to notes connected to a Gmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.