Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my AirPods to Apple TV

How do I connect my AirPods to my Apple TV

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:20 PM

Pairing bluetooth devices requires Apple TV (4th generation or later).

How to pair AirPods to Your Apple TV (same iCloud)

There are two ways to connect your AirPods to an Apple TV. The first and easiest solution is if the Apple TV and your AirPods (through e.g. your iPhone) are linked under the same iCloud account. Make sure that your AirPods and Apple TV are running the latest software, then follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re either wearing your AirPods or the charging case’s lid is flipped open.
  2. Turn on your Apple TV and go to the Home screen.
  3. Hold down the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV Remote.
  4. Select your AirPods when they appear as an option on the screen.

How to pair AirPods to Apple TV (different iCloud)

If you’re trying to connect your AirPods to an Apple TV that isn’t the same iCloud account, do this:

1. Make sure you’re either wearing your AirPods or the charging case’s lid is flipped open.
  2. Hold the pairing button on the back of the AirPods case until its light starts flashing white.
  3. Turn on your Apple TV and open the Settings app.
  4. Select Remotes and Devices and then Bluetooth.
  5. Select your AirPods when they appear as an option, and then select Connect Device.

Once paired, you can connect/activate them again later as follows:

From the Info pane: Access audio controls - Adjust Apple TV audio - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

From Control Center: Access audio controls - Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 8:20 PM in response to It'smeray

Pairing bluetooth devices requires Apple TV (4th generation or later).

How to pair AirPods to Your Apple TV (same iCloud)

There are two ways to connect your AirPods to an Apple TV. The first and easiest solution is if the Apple TV and your AirPods (through e.g. your iPhone) are linked under the same iCloud account. Make sure that your AirPods and Apple TV are running the latest software, then follow these steps:

2. Turn on your Apple TV and go to the Home screen.
  3. Hold down the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV Remote.
  4. Select your AirPods when they appear as an option on the screen.

How to pair AirPods to Apple TV (different iCloud)

If you’re trying to connect your AirPods to an Apple TV that isn’t the same iCloud account, do this:

2. Hold the pairing button on the back of the AirPods case until its light starts flashing white.
  3. Turn on your Apple TV and open the Settings app.
  4. Select Remotes and Devices and then Bluetooth.
  5. Select your AirPods when they appear as an option, and then select Connect Device.

Once paired, you can connect/activate them again later as follows:

From the Info pane: Access audio controls - Adjust Apple TV audio - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

From Control Center: Access audio controls - Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

How do I connect my AirPods to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.