Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE (2nd Gen), iOS 14.7.1

I've been unable to send / reply to text messages for some months to non-iphones. I've followed all the instructions to fix the problem, all without any success. Apple/service provider can't help. HELP please!!

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:30 PM

6 replies

Sep 10, 2021 8:50 PM in response to Eccles7

Eccles7 Said:

"iPhone SE (2nd Gen), iOS 14.7.1: I've been unable to send / reply to text messages for some months to non-iphones. I've followed all the instructions to fix the problem, all without any success. Apple/service provider can't help. HELP please!!"

-------

Try the Following, in the Order Provided:

A. Look Up the Battery Health:

When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: Percentage

Time for a New Battery?

B. Try Manually Restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

D. Set this Up Anew:

Try setting this up anew, as if you were to sell it. Performing as instructed here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Important: So that nothing is lost, enable items in iCloud:

On an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (and another other items listed)

Sep 10, 2021 8:54 PM in response to Eccles7

If you are able to send/receive iMessages to iPhone users but can't send/receive SMS texts that is solely within the province of your cell service provide, Apple has no involved as long as you have SMS/MMS turned on. Call back your provider and keep asking for the next level until someone can help you with your problem.

Sep 11, 2021 9:13 PM in response to Eccles7

Just before you call them try Settings > Messages > SMS and turn it off and back on and do the same with MMS. Try a text message. If it still doesn't work they are going to ask you when you call if you tried that and you can tell them you just did. Ask for someone who can check the provisioning on your phone and reset it if necessary.

iPhone SE (2nd Gen), iOS 14.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.