Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on iOS

In iTunes on my Windows device I can shuffle by song or by album. Is that not possible in the Music on iOS app?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 7:20 AM

Hi Richwiu1, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking for the shuffle feature for the Music app on your iOS device. The article below may help.

How to shuffle music on your iPhone

If you can't find a specific shuffle feature on that article, we'd like to hear about what you think.

We strive to bring the best personal computing experience to customers around the world through our innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings. We welcome your feedback on our products here: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2021 7:20 AM in response to Richwiu1

Hi Richwiu1, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking for the shuffle feature for the Music app on your iOS device. The article below may help.

How to shuffle music on your iPhone

If you can't find a specific shuffle feature on that article, we'd like to hear about what you think.

We strive to bring the best personal computing experience to customers around the world through our innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings. We welcome your feedback on our products here: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

Sep 13, 2021 6:39 AM in response to kamote0628

I'm sorry but that didn't help at all. In iTunes for Windows I have a playlist named My Favorite Albums. I want to be able to play an entire album then shuffle to another album. In iTunes, I can do that by going to Controls>Shuffle>Albums. That setting plays every song on the album in track order then randomly goes to another album. The only option in the iPhone Music app appears to be to shuffle by song. Is that the case or am I missing something?

Music on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.