Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to connect to my wifi but it won’t bring up the password. It’s new wifi so I’ve never connected to it so I can’t forget connection either. What do I do?

I’m trying to connect to my wifi but it won’t bring up the password. It’s new wifi so I’ve never connected to it so I can’t forget connection either. What do I do?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 10:59 PM

Have you setup the new Router and Wi-Fi Network with a security password in the first place? If you have not then there will be no secured network and therefore no password required. If your new Wi-Fi Network has a security password setup and your iPhone 12 is not prompting you for a password after attempting to connect to it, then you can try the following actions one at a time and see whether that resolves the issue:

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Reset the Network Settings on your iPhone by opening Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : Note that this action may require you to re-enter the password(s) to your existing Wi-Fi Network(s).

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 10:59 PM in response to Cwarden017

Have you setup the new Router and Wi-Fi Network with a security password in the first place? If you have not then there will be no secured network and therefore no password required. If your new Wi-Fi Network has a security password setup and your iPhone 12 is not prompting you for a password after attempting to connect to it, then you can try the following actions one at a time and see whether that resolves the issue:

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Reset the Network Settings on your iPhone by opening Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : Note that this action may require you to re-enter the password(s) to your existing Wi-Fi Network(s).

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.