Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime does not work if connected to WiFi

I cannot make or receive FaceTime if I am connected to my WiFi, either at school or home. I have to turn WiFi off and then it works fine over cellular. Does anyone know why FaceTime will not work over WiFi?

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:29 PM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2021 2:37 PM in response to mahonm2

Hello mahonm2,

We see you're having issues with FaceTime calls while on Wi-Fi, and we'd be happy to help.

We'd recommend starting with this page, which can help with FaceTime call issues: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Be sure to also check for any VPNs or networking/security apps that may be installed. If you have any installed, try temporarily uninstalling them.

You may also try resetting the network settings of the device. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before. Be sure to note down any needed Wi-Fi passwords ahead of time.

Cheers.

FaceTime does not work if connected to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.