Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft login/App Store issues on MacBook

My Microsoft Word subscription that I have through Apple expired, so I went on my phone to renew it with updated payment information. On my iPhone it says that my purchase was successful, and now shows up under "Active Subscriptions". When I went on my MacBook to open a document in word, there was a banner asking me to "activate". When I select activate it gives me the option to restore an account, however when I select "restore account" a pop up reads "This Apple ID doesn't have a Paid Microsoft 365 Subscription". So I closed the app allowed the "activate" option to come again, but this time I went straight to using my Microsoft login. I logged in successfully but was met with this same "Activate" message, not allowing me to edit my documents.

I decided to open my App Store so that I could verify my "active subscriptions" on my MacBook. When attempting to open my App Store I was met with a blank screen. At this point im not able to access my App Store and im still unable to verify my Microsoft 365 subscription on my MacBook so that I may edit and create new material.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 9:12 AM

iWRITEuLAUGH wrote:

My subscription is paid through Apple, so there was no email at set up. Just a download and payment from the App Store.

App Store - Official Apple Support

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions ... - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 12, 2021 8:24 AM in response to iWRITEuLAUGH

iWRITEuLAUGH wrote:

My Microsoft Word subscription that I have through Apple expired, so I went on my phone to renew it with updated payment information. On my iPhone it says that my purchase was successful, and now shows up under "Active Subscriptions". When I went on my MacBook to open a document in word, there was a banner asking me to "activate". When I select activate it gives me the option to restore an account, however when I select "restore account" a pop up reads "This Apple ID doesn't have a Paid Microsoft 365 Subscription". So I closed the app allowed the "activate" option to come again, but this time I went straight to using my Microsoft login. I logged in successfully but was met with this same "Activate" message, not allowing me to edit my documents.

I decided to open my App Store so that I could verify my "active subscriptions" on my MacBook. When attempting to open my App Store I was met with a blank screen. At this point im not able to access my App Store and im still unable to verify my Microsoft 365 subscription on my MacBook so that I may edit and create new material.

To activate a Microsoft Office 365 subscription you simply enter the email address you used when you extended the subscription with Microsoft.

If in doubt contact your third party software Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/

Microsoft login/App Store issues on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.