Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen glitching

My phone screen is glitching and it is moving all on its own I can't do anything to fix it. It just keeps typing random things and swiping from app to app. Every time I try to tap something it goes somewhere else. How do I fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 6:14 AM

Remove any add-on protective film, and any add-on protective case, clean the display, restart the iPhone, and see if the problem persists.

If there is no case and no film and the restart does not clear this, this misbehavior usually means the display or the digitizer hardware is failing.

If so… Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss your options with Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2021 6:14 AM in response to descalso8

Remove any add-on protective film, and any add-on protective case, clean the display, restart the iPhone, and see if the problem persists.

If there is no case and no film and the restart does not clear this, this misbehavior usually means the display or the digitizer hardware is failing.

If so… Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss your options with Apple.

screen glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.