Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update operating system

I have a MacBook Air with High Sierra operating system. I would like to upgrade, how?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 8:00 AM

2 replies

Sep 12, 2021 8:17 AM in response to Mcatmat

The age of your Mac dictates what operating system (if any) you can upgrade too. First, select menu > About this Mac. On the product description line of that panel, pay attention to what is in parenthesis, as you will need that information to determine hardware compatibility and what operating system that permits an upgrade too.

Using strictly the Safari browser, visit How to get old versions of macOS. The hardware compatibility for the operating system that permits your parenthesis content, is the last operating system you can upgrade too.

Remember, Mojave is the last operating system that supports 32-bit applications, and printer/scanner drivers. These will not work on Catalina or Big Sur, and you should verify that these vendors provide a compatible version for the upgrade. I suggest you use the free Go64 application to catalog your current 32-bit software.

Make a Time Machine backup before any upgrade.

update operating system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.