Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my face id disabled but my phone is up to date

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 8:18 AM

Disabled Face ID alert on your device

The link on top of this page, under the "Related Article” is the process to be followed if nothing works then please read --> "What to do Next" section. If that link did not help then please mention the exact difficulty faced by you.

4 replies

Sep 12, 2021 8:18 AM in response to faithstanton

Start here:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&SG=SG003&category_id=SC0999&symptom_id=23303 , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Sep 14, 2021 6:40 PM in response to faithstanton

Took mine to the store today. Don’t expect them to do anything for you. When I calked support they had no idea about this issue. They ran a diagnostic and saw nothing wrong. Set me up with an appointment. I went there and was told it would cost me $629 for them to send off and fix as Apple has made no statement about issues on XS max about this problem. I showed the tech the community page and he understood but says that is what Apple is going to charge. Non warranty problem. This is BS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.