Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch was paired with phone that stopped working. The watch is locked and won’t unlock to be able to pair it with my new phone. Ideas?

How do I unlock my watch that was paired to old phone that stopped working so that I can pair it to new phone?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 9:36 AM

I have been on the road and wasn’t able to call the Apple contacts provided. I was near an Apple store yesterday and the genius was quickly able to solve my issue. She hit the watch reset button and then did a hard press on the reset screen. I had never been able to get past the reset screen since the watch was locked. Was then able to pair it to my new phone.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Community User

I have been on the road and wasn’t able to call the Apple contacts provided. I was near an Apple store yesterday and the genius was quickly able to solve my issue. She hit the watch reset button and then did a hard press on the reset screen. I had never been able to get past the reset screen since the watch was locked. Was then able to pair it to my new phone.

Sep 14, 2021 1:27 AM in response to JTM59

From a web browser,sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

Go to Find iPhone.

Click All Devices at the top of the screen.

Click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.

Click Remove from Account.

My watch was paired with phone that stopped working. The watch is locked and won’t unlock to be able to pair it with my new phone. Ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.