Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding QR Codes to Wallet

With COVID, lots of places are issuing QR codes as tickets. And I would like to add them to Wallet, but they are not connected with any apps. These are just local theater and dance venues. I follwed previous link and tried going to Wallet > Edit Passes >Scan Code, but that does really work. It reads the QR code but tried to send me to google. It wouldn't just add it. I would be fine if I could just take a picture and Save to Wallet, but it doesn't let me do that. All advice is appreciated.

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 5:27 AM

Hello, radio.rodriguez.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble adding QR code enabled tickets/passes to the Wallet app.

It sounds like you have Chrome installed as your default browser. Out of curiosity, what happens if you try to add the passes with Safari set as your default browser? Go to Settings > Chrome > Default Browser. Try again after setting the default to Safari. Let us know if you see the option to open in Safari, then add to Wallet.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 5:27 AM in response to radio.rodriguez

Hello, radio.rodriguez.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble adding QR code enabled tickets/passes to the Wallet app.

It sounds like you have Chrome installed as your default browser. Out of curiosity, what happens if you try to add the passes with Safari set as your default browser? Go to Settings > Chrome > Default Browser. Try again after setting the default to Safari. Let us know if you see the option to open in Safari, then add to Wallet.

Cheers!

Adding QR Codes to Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.