Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Model Number

Is there macbook air model number Z12400092? one of the retailer is selling this model ? wants to confirm before buying? it comes with below config APPLE MacBook Air M1 - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Mac OS Big Sur) Z12400092  (13.3 inch, Space Grey, 1.29 kg)

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 3:28 AM

Then, I would be careful.

The Retailer might be trying selling as a New Computer and Full Price for a Used or Refurbished

This is what the Retailer Should do if the machine is Used or Refurbished Before Sell What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac Otherwise, if purchased by you, there could be Security and Privacy Issue for you.

Good Luck

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 3:28 AM in response to ppsma

Then, I would be careful.

The Retailer might be trying selling as a New Computer and Full Price for a Used or Refurbished

This is what the Retailer Should do if the machine is Used or Refurbished Before Sell What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac Otherwise, if purchased by you, there could be Security and Privacy Issue for you.

Good Luck

Sep 14, 2021 2:58 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks Mr. Phillips

I did not find this specific model in the list under "Identify your MacBook air model". In parallel, I learnt about CTO/BTO models and other experts suggest this could be possible CTO/BTO model. But there is no place to verify CTO/BTO model number...

CTO -> Customize to Order

BTO -> Built to Order

Macbook Air Model Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.