Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device management

How to “trust an application” that is not IOS based so that I can open it. I do not , for some reason, on my iPhone XS Max, have a “device management” selection under settings>general> etc. Please advise. Thank you.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:28 AM

If it is an enterprise app from a business the company IT department will provide you with a trust certificate to install on your phone. Once you install the certificate it will appear in a new Device Management section under Settings/General. If it is a 3rd party app forget it; you are risking installing spyware on your phone it you install it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 7:28 AM in response to lujinyuloo

If it is an enterprise app from a business the company IT department will provide you with a trust certificate to install on your phone. Once you install the certificate it will appear in a new Device Management section under Settings/General. If it is a 3rd party app forget it; you are risking installing spyware on your phone it you install it.

Device management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.