Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery

My phone is charging and the percentage won’t go up at all. When I unplug it it drops like normal and but when I plug it in it just stops and won’t go up at all what do I do to fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:44 AM

Hi!

Have you tried charging it using a different charging cable? Please do try it and if it charges on different cable, you may want to replace your Lightning cable.

If you have the latest iOS version, your iPhone will learn your daily charging routine so it can wait to finish charging and not have it at 100% for a long period of time.

This also happens whenever your iPhone heats up. If you're using a case, I suggest you remove the case when charging or better if you charge your phone when it isn't warm. Because iPhone is smart enough to detect its temperature and will automatically slow down or fully stop charging when it gets warm. This is to reduce battery ageing and maintain its peak performance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 7:44 AM in response to devlin0192

Hi!

Have you tried charging it using a different charging cable? Please do try it and if it charges on different cable, you may want to replace your Lightning cable.

If you have the latest iOS version, your iPhone will learn your daily charging routine so it can wait to finish charging and not have it at 100% for a long period of time.

This also happens whenever your iPhone heats up. If you're using a case, I suggest you remove the case when charging or better if you charge your phone when it isn't warm. Because iPhone is smart enough to detect its temperature and will automatically slow down or fully stop charging when it gets warm. This is to reduce battery ageing and maintain its peak performance.

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.