Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off 'Find My Phone' on frozen phone

How do you delete all information and turn off find my phone from a device that is frozen and accessible?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:57 AM

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

1. You have shared your Apple ID & password with someone
  2. You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 7:57 AM in response to buffyRT1967

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

1. You have shared your Apple ID & password with someone
  2. You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

Turn off 'Find My Phone' on frozen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.